If you are clicking on this, likely your wedding day is being impacted by the Coronavirus and I am so deeply sorry.
If your wedding is being postponed and you’re not even sure where to begin. I get it, and it’s totally overwhelming to replan.
Here are 5 easy steps to take out some of the stress.
Of course, talk to your wedding planner if you have one. You hired them for situations such as this!
1. If you don’t have a wedding planner, ask your venue for their availability for 2020 and 2021. Pick 3-5 dates after July that work for you. Try to pick a variety of dates and remember Friday and Sunday weddings are great too!!
Stay calm and remember to breathe! You and your fiancé have each other, and at the end of the day it will all work out and this will become a part of your story.
2. Put these dates into a Doodle Poll. Doodle Poll allows you to enter in your dates and send to all your vendors to see which dates all or some of them have available.
3. Send out the Doodle poll to your current vendors. You can do it in one email, CC all the vendors.
Here is an email template:
Dear [[xyz Vendors]]
Unfortunately, we have to postpone our wedding and are looking to get it figured out with our original team. You are all our dream team and we don’t want to swap out for other vendors. To try to work this out we would love for you all to fill out the Doodle Poll [[link here]] for you to let us know what dates you are available.
We hope you’re staying safe and we cannot wait to hear from you,
4. Talk with your vendors to figure out solutions. If not all are available on the same date, try to pick a date where most from your team IS available. Or the dates where your have to have vendors are available. The vendors who are not available, ask who they know who could work under them on your wedding day (like an associate photographer) or who they would recommend to transfer the contract to
5. Contact your guests and update them. Having a Facebook group for all of your wedding guests right now could be *really* helpful. Or if you have a wedding website, you can update everyone there. IF NEEDED you can also provide a Facebook Live “Livestream” of the wedding itself if you have to through the group.
At the end of the day, you’re getting married and you and your love are truly all that matters. Worse case, there’s always a vow renewal or big reception later on this summer! Need more support and are looking for help from like a live person? I’ve made time in my schedule to help those impacted. Don’t hesitate to reach out!